The adventure of a man, Sylvain Floirat… 1899-1993
From intercity coach transport services to the Aigle Azur aviation company, from the major radio station Europe 1 to Matra and the mythical Byblos hotel in Saint Tropez… this one man alone performed a series of business miracles.
Founder of Groupe Floirat
Chairman of the board of Groupe Floirat
- 1899Birth of Sylvain Floirat (founder of Groupe Floirat).
- 1927Creation of Cars Floirat.
- 1947Creation of Aigle Azur Aviation.
- 1955Takeover of Europe 1.
- 1967Purchase of Le Byblos et les Caves du Roy in Saint-Tropez.
- 1981Sylvain Floirat is appointed administrator of the Hachette Filipacchi group.
- 1983Extension work at Le Byblos, almost doubling its surface area.
- 1984Opening of a 2nd Byblos hotel, in Courchevel (later closed in 2007).
- 1988Sylvain Chevanne, grandson of Sylvain Floirat, takes over the operational management of the group.
- 1993Death of Sylvain Floirat – Sylvain Chevanne assumes control of Groupe Floirat, taking the decision to refocus the group’s core business on luxury hospitality.
- 2001Antoine Chevanne, great grandson of Sylvain Floirat, becomes the General Manager of Le Byblos in Saint-Tropez.
- 2002Launch of a new culinary concept, “Spoon” by Alain Ducasse at Byblos Saint-Tropez.
- 2004Acquisition of the Group’s first 4-star hotel: La Réserve de Saint-Jean-de-Luz.
- 2006Antoine Chevanne takes over the management of the Groupe Floirat holding company.
- 2007Inauguration of the first Sisley Cosmetics at Byblos de Saint-Tropez.
- 2009Le Byblos is awarded its 5th hotel star.
- 2010Acquisition of the Group’s third hotel: Les Manoirs de Tourgéville.
- 2012Award of the prestigious « Palace » label to Le Byblos.
- 2013Launch of Rivea by Alain Ducasse, another new culinary concept at Le Byblos (replacing “Spoon”).
- 201750th anniversary of Le Byblos and Les Caves du Roy.
- 2019Launch of Cucina Byblos by Alain Ducasse, another new culinary concept at Le Byblos (replacing “Rivea”).
- 2019Le Byblos opens its beach on Pampelonne (Ramatuelle) : Byblos Beach.
- 2020Openning of the new restaurant Arcadia, by the pool